- Oakland, CA
- Full Time
- Cronin House
Who are we?
Horizon Services, Inc. (HSI) is a nonprofit established in 1974 with the goal of reducing substance use related challenges for people from all walks of life, including those from some of the most disenfranchised and marginalized communities. We practice our values of Integrity, Respect, Diversity, and Quality to provide residential treatment, withdrawal management, and sobering programs to support the well-being of women, men, youth, LGBTQ, and BIPOC clients to live healthy, fulfilling and constructive lives. HSI is an inclusive workplace and a learning community where our collective experiences enrich each other’s growth.
How can you make a difference in people’s lives?
In this role, you’ll make a difference in the lives of people with substance use challenges, and often with co-occurring conditions. You’ll use and grow your skills in compassionate care, crisis intervention and de-escalation, in a supportive and inclusive work environment. You’ll have the opportunity to help people who are just discovering possibilities in their journey, going from a place of hopelessness to a place where they are valued and have the potential for a better life.
As the Clinical Counselor for Cronin, our men’s and male-identifying program, you will provide a range of client care for individuals, most addressing co-occurring substance abuse and mental health treatment in an all-men’s and gender‑inclusive residential treatment setting. Services provided include:
- Treatment and exit plan formulation
- Individual, family and group counseling
- Maintaining accurate and timely client treatment files and notes using electronic health records.
- Crisis Management
- Relapse Prevention
- Trauma Informed Care
What will make you successful in this role
Must be able to work weekends
- Licensed or license-track, AMFT, ASW or APCC preferred
- OR, Registered or Certified SUD Counselor.
- Some experience working in the mental health field.
- One year of experience working with Substance Use Disorders (SUD), or strong desire to learn about SUD treatment and care.
- Excellent writing skills for treatment plan and notes. Able to use electronic client records to document treatment.
- Motivational Interviewing, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, particularly in the area of substance use disorder treatment.
- Knowledge of crisis intervention techniques including suicide assessments.
- Ability to develop coherent treatment strategies for clients with co-occurring conditions.
- Ability to incorporate new clinical procedures as required by ASAM, Drug-Medical, and other institutions.
- Ability to utilize supervision and consultation effectively to improve work performance.
What else is required?
- Valid California driver’s license with a good driving record and car insurance.
- Current CPR/First Aid certificate desirable.
- Fingerprinting/drug testing required at time of hire.
- Current flu vaccine/flu shot.
- The California Department of Public Health has required that all staff in healthcare organization receive the COVID 19 vaccination and booster up to date. Our organization is a healthcare organization and will abide by this mandate.
Compensation and Benefits
We are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time and part time employees over 20 hours per week.
- 100% of medical, dental, Life and LTD for the employee and 50% for any dependents medical and dental coverage
- PTO and Holiday pay.
- Retirement benefits after 6 months of service.
- Training and CEU opportunities.
And of course, the opportunity to meaningfully contribute to a team of mindful, caring and passionate people at work every day!
Salary: $54,000-$58,000 based on experience and qualifications. I
Horizon Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.