Entry Level Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) for Sobering Center
- San Jose, CA
- Full Time
- Mission Street Recovery Station
Who are we?
Horizon Services Inc is a non-profit organization established in 1974 with the goal of reducing alcohol and other drug related problems of individuals, families, and communities. By practicing our values: Integrity, Respect, Diversity, and Quality, we are able to provide mental health, detox, recovery and sobering programs to support women, men, youth and LGBTQ clients to live a responsible and constructive life. HSI is a learning community where our collective experiences enrich each other’s growth.
How can you make a difference in people’s lives?
In this role, you'll make a difference in the lives of people with substance use challenges and often with co-occurring conditions or in crisis. You'll use and grow your skills in compassionate care, crisis intervention and de-escalation, in a supportive and inclusive work environment. You'll have the opportunity to help people who are just discovering possibilities in their journey, going from a place of hopelessness to a place where they are valued and have the potential for a better life.
As a Nurse Coordinator, you provide a safe environment to participants by monitoring for potential medical and mental health issues as the participant goes through withdrawal. Mission Street Recovery Station in San Jose, CA supports participants who have been transported to the recovery station for public intoxication or are in mental health crisis as an alternative to incarceration and unnecessary hospitalization. You will connect with participants through hourly monitoring of vitals, making medications available, collaborating with participants medical/mental health provider and making necessary referrals as needed.
What will make you successful in this role?
- Licensed Vocation Nurse in the State of California
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- B.S. Degree or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of alcohol and drug addiction and mental health diagnosis
- Able to work with diverse populations, cultures and people with co-occurring disorders and disabilities
- Able to handle and de-escalate emergency situations
- Skilled in time management
- Ability to collaborate with the team internally and coordinate/collaborate with external partners including (but not limited to) case managers, psychiatrists, social workers, referral sources, medical care personnel, etc.
- Must show a demonstrated knowledge of computers; including but not limited to, data input, internet navigation, Microsoft word, etc.
- Ability to write clear narrative reports and treatment notes.
What else is required?
- Valid California Driver's license, excellent driving record and auto insurance
- Current CPR/First-aid training
- Fingerprinting/Drug testing required at time of hire
- Current flu vaccine/flu shot
- The California Department of Public Health has required that all staff working in healthcare organizations receive the COVID 19 vaccination by September 30, 2021. Our organization is a healthcare organization and will abide by this
Compensation and Benefits
We are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time and part time employees over 20 hours per week.
- 100% of medical, dental, Life and LTD for the employee and 50% for any dependents medical and dental coverage.
- PTO and Holiday pay
- Retirement benefits after 6 months of service
- Training and CEU opportunities.
And of course, the opportunity to meaningfully contribute to a team of mindful, caring and passionate people at work every day!
Hours: Thursday - Monday - 2:45pm - 11:15pm
Horizon Services, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.