Case Manager Residential Alcohol and drug Program
- Oakland, CA
- Full Time
Who are we?
Horizon Services, Inc. (HSI) is a nonprofit established in 1974 with the goal of reducing substance use related challenges for people from all walks of life, including those from some of the most disenfranchised and marginalized communities. We practice our values of Integrity, Respect, Diversity, and Quality to provide residential treatment, withdrawal management, and sobering programs to support the well-being of women, men, youth, LGBTQ, and BIPOC clients to live healthy, fulfilling and constructive lives. HSI is an inclusive workplace and a learning community where our collective experiences enrich each other’s growth.
How can you make a difference in people’s lives?
In this role, you’ll make a difference in the lives of people with substance use challenges, and often with co-occurring conditions. You’ll use and grow your skills in compassionate care, crisis intervention and de-escalation, in a supportive and inclusive work environment. You’ll have the opportunity to help people who are just discovering possibilities in their journey, going from a place of hopelessness to a place where they are valued and have the potential for a better life.
As a Case Manager you build trusting relationships with clients at our Cronin House dual-diagnosis, men's residential treatment program. You will apply a holistic approach in setting a welcoming atmosphere for participants so they are open to continuing with recovery.
Principal Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide Clients a single point of contact for support addressing multiple health, social services, and legal systems
- Assist the clients with needs of substance use and mental health.
- Create a safe space for clients and maintain appropriate boundaries.
- Coordinating transportation to appointments. Transport clients to appointments when necessary.
- Assuring that clients are in classes/groups on time.
- Supporting clients with transitioning into the program (in the first couple weeks) and from the program to their next steps after treatment (last couple weeks).
- Facilitating or co-facilitating groups as needed
- Perform safety routine inspections
- Conduct intakes, discharge plans, participant progress
- Research resources to assist the clients in finding appropriate ongoing services to achieve their health goals as needed.
- Work collaboratively with clients' families and outside agencies to create a continuum of care for client while in treatment and upon discharge.
- Perform UA, breathalyzers on clients as needed.
- Crisis Management and de-escalation.
- Other tasks as directed by Supervisor and/or Program Director.
What will make you successful in this role?
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- Alcohol and Drug Certification Required
- Able to work FT (40 hours weekly) and be flexible with adjustments that may be needed due to needs of the clients.
- Experience in substance use, mental health and/or human services direct service
- Experience working in a residential treatment setting, intensive outpatient setting, or related environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of mental health treatment, alcoholism/addiction treatment, and Motivational Interviewing concepts and techniques;
- Able to handle emergency situations and de-escalate clients in crisis; CPR/First-aid training
- Flexible schedule: must be willing to work days and nights on a rotating basis as needed;
- If recovering alcoholic/addict must have two years of continuous sobriety.
- Must show a demonstrated knowledge of computers; including but not limited to, data input, internet navigation, Microsoft word, etc. Ability to write clear narrative reports and progress notes.
What else is required?
- Valid California driver’s license with a good driving record and car insurance.
- Current CPR/First Aid certificate desirable.
- Fingerprinting/drug testing required at time of hire.
- Current flu vaccine/flu shot.
- The California Department of Public Health has required that all staff in healthcare organization receive the COVID 19 vaccination by September 30, 2021. Our organization is a healthcare organization and will abide by this mandate.
Compensation and Benefits
We are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time and part time employees over 20 hours per week.
- 100% of medical, dental, Life and LTD for the employee and 50% for any dependents medical and dental coverage
- PTO and Holiday pay.
- Retirement benefits after 6 months of service.
- Training and CEU opportunities.
And of course, the opportunity to meaningfully contribute to a team of mindful, caring and passionate people at work every day!
Salary: based on experience and qualifications. Available for a full-time position.