Program and Personnel Manager-Residential Detox San Mateo
- San Mateo, CA
- Full Time
NEEDED FOR IMMEDIATE HIRE
Who are we?
Horizon Services, Inc. (HSI) is a nonprofit established in 1974 with the goal of reducing substance use related challenges for people from all walks of life, including those from some of the most disenfranchised and marginalized communities. We practice our values of Integrity, Respect, Diversity, and Quality to provide residential treatment, withdrawal management, and sobering programs to support the well-being of women, men, youth, LGBTQ, and BIPOC clients to live healthy, fulfilling and constructive lives. HSI is an inclusive workplace and a learning community where our collective experiences enrich each other’s growth.
How can you make a difference in people’s lives?
In this role, you’ll make a difference in the lives of people with substance use challenges, and often with co-occurring conditions. You’ll use and grow your skills in compassionate care, AND crisis intervention and de-escalation, in a supportive and inclusive work environment. You’ll have the opportunity to help people who are just discovering possibilities in their journey, going from a place of hopelessness to a place where they are valued and have the potential for a better life.
What will make you successful in this role?
The Program and Personnel Manager, under the direction of the Program and Personnel Administrator, leads and manages the day-to-day operations for Horizon Services’ SUD assigned program(s), and ensures we are providing exceptional care for our clients. The Program and Personnel Manager provides management of front-line support and milieu staff, and oversees the performance of all operational elements including client care coordination, programmatic operations, fiscal oversight, facility safety, and adherence to all agency and regulatory policies and procedures.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Programmatic Operations & Safety
- Develop and manage program operations and service delivery performed by front-line support and milieu staff, and ensure programmatic adherence to agency processes, policies, values and compliance standards.
- Manage assigned program(s) to ensure full census and efficient utilization management.
- Design and manage client intake and orientation procedures, medication storage and management, de-escalation, care coordination, program schedules, and all other elements of program operations for assigned program(s). Collaborate with Clinical Services Department on program curriculum to ensure alignment across programs/lines of service.
- Follow recommendations from Compliance and Outcomes Department to address environment of care and safety, including facility maintenance. Develop and manage policies and tools to enhance client safety.
- Responsible for overall fiscal integrity of assigned programs, including managing budget, payroll, cash flow, reporting, purchasing and inventory management, client fees and documentation, and identifying additional funding and revenue sources as they become available.
- Manage client entitlements eligibility activities and reporting, including but not limited to SDI, SSI, AGAP, Food Stamps, Medi-Cal, and any other participation in entitlement programs clients may receive benefits from while enrolled in programming.
Talent Recruitment and Development
- Recruit, hire, onboard, train, manage and coach all front-line support and milieu staff including their professional development plans, performance reviews, and employee discipline.
- Ensure staff credentialing documentation is maintained consistently in accordance with DHCS, DMC-ODS, BBS, SUD Counselor certification bodies, and other regulatory oversight agency compliance.
Program Compliance & Service Quality
- Ensure the safe and effective operation of all personnel and services with guidance from the Compliance and Outcomes Department to adhere to applicable federal, state, and county regulations.
- Follow recommendations provided by Compliance and Outcomes Department to develop and implement policies, procedures, and protocol improvements to maintain compliance with HIPAA, 42 CFR, DHCS licensing, DMC-ODS standards, contract requirements, and other stakeholder requirements and standards.
Communications & Community Relations
- Ensure consistent representation at County meetings and other stakeholder engagements, and strengthen relationships with external referral sources, self-help groups, and other community support resources to ensure high-quality care coordination opportunities for program clients and their families.
- Lead weekly staff meetings to address program issues and improve collaboration, and adherence to policies/procedures consistent with the agency’s mission, vision and values. Encourage a culture of open communication and ensure staff are sufficiently knowledgeable regarding all aspects of the program(s) you manage.
- Create and support positive, inclusive cultural practices and equitable treatment for staff and clients, and effectively respond to complaints regarding diversity, inclusion, culture or linguistics.
- BA degree or equivalent training/experience as described below.
- 1+ years of experience managing SUD, MH or other healthcare related organizations.
- 2+ years’ experience in Management, Training and Development.
- Preferred, current SUD or mental health certification license with state-certifying organization or professional board.
- Client-focused with a strategic mindset, able to translate strategies into effective plans.
- Exceptional skills in building, developing and managing effective teams.
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills, and adept at ensuring accountability of self, staff and teams.
- Able to recognize stress factors in a crisis environment and find creative inexpensive ways to reduce them, with the ability to control emotions in situations of conflict.
- Values diverse perspectives and has high cultural awareness. Able to interface with community members and all referral sources in a positive manner.
- Knowledge with use in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Current CPR/First Aid certificate desirable. Fingerprinting/drug testing required at time of hire. Current flu vaccine/flu shot. Valid California driver’s license with a good driving record and car insurance.
- Must be able to physically assist clients to exit facility in case of an emergency and/or who are undergoing seizures or other major withdrawal symptoms to include ambulatory escort to a medical facility if necessary.
- Current flu vaccine/flu shot.
- The California Department of Public Health has required that all staff in healthcare organization receive the COVID 19 vaccination by September 30, 2021. Our organization is a healthcare organization and will abide by this
Compensation and Benefits
We are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees.
- 100% of medical and dental plan.
- PTO and Holiday pay.
- Retirement benefits after 6 months of service.
- Training and CEU opportunities.
And of course, the opportunity to meaningfully contribute to a team of mindful, caring and passionate people at work every day!
Salary: $70-$80k, annually DOE. Available for full-time position.
Horizon Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.