Clinical Specialist for Women's Addiction Program
- Oakland, CA
- Full Time
- Horizon Services, Inc., Chrysalis
- Mid Level
Who are we?
Horizon Services, Inc. (HSI) is a nonprofit established in 1974 with the goal of reducing substance use related challenges for people from all walks of life, including those from some of the most disenfranchised and marginalized communities. We practice our values of Integrity, Respect, Diversity, and Quality to provide residential treatment, withdrawal management, and sobering programs to support the well-being of women, men, youth, LGBTQ, and BIPOC clients to live healthy, fulfilling and constructive lives. HSI is an inclusive workplace and a learning community where our collective experiences enrich each other’s growth.
How can you make a difference in people’s lives?
In this role, you’ll make a difference in the lives of people with substance use challenges, and often with co-occurring conditions. You’ll use and grow your skills in compassionate care, crisis intervention and de-escalation, in a supportive and inclusive work environment. You’ll have the opportunity to help people who are just discovering possibilities in their journey, going from a place of hopelessness to a place where they are valued and have the potential for a better life.
As a Full-Time Clinical Specialist, you build trusting relationships with clients at our Chrysalis dual-diagnosis, female and female-identifying residential treatment program. You will apply a holistic approach in setting a welcoming atmosphere for participants so they are open to continuing with recovery. You will support residents throughout scheduled programming, assuring that residents are in classes/groups on time, chores are completed and transportation for residents is coordinated and supported. Perform safety routine inspections, as well as intakes, discharge plans, participant progress, discharges, and research resources to assist the residents in finding appropriate ongoing services to achieve their health goals as needed. Additionally, this position will be responsible for some clinical documentation and facilitating group sessions for residents to support therapeutic treatment goals.
What will make you successful in this role?
- Registered/Certified (RADT I or equivalent or higher) with AOD state certifying body (CCAPP, CAADE or license track with BBS- Required
- Associate Degree in social work or related field, or higher (High school diploma and significant work experience in substance abuse and mental health can replace education)
- Able to work Swing Shift 3-11:00 pm
- At least 2+ years of experience working in a residential treatment facility, mental health treatment setting, or alcohol/drug treatment program
- Demonstrated knowledge of alcoholism/addiction treatment and Motivational Interviewing concepts and techniques;
- Able to handle emergency situations and de-escalate clients in crisis; CPR/First-aid training
- Flexible schedule: must be willing to work days and nights on a rotating basis as needed;
- If recovering alcoholic/addict must have two years of continuous sobriety
- Must show a demonstrated knowledge of computers; including but not limited to, data input, internet navigation, Microsoft word, etc. Ability to write clear narrative reports and progress notes.
What else is required?
- Valid California driver’s license with a good driving record and car insurance.
- Current CPR/First Aid certificate desirable.
- Fingerprinting/drug testing required at time of hire.
- Current flu vaccine/flu shot.
- The California Department of Public Health has required that all staff in healthcare organization receive the COVID 19 vaccination by September 30, 2021. Our organization is a healthcare organization and will abide by this mandate.
Compensation and Benefits
We are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time and part time employees over 20 hours per week.
- 100% of medical, dental, Life and LTD for the employee and 50% for any dependents medical and dental coverage
- PTO and Holiday pay.
- Retirement benefits after 6 months of service.
- Training and CEU opportunities.
And of course, the opportunity to meaningfully contribute to a team of mindful, caring and passionate people at work every day!
Salary up to $23.25 per hour
Horizon Services, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer