Health Technician for drug and alcohol detox program
- San Mateo, CA
- Full Time
- Palm Ave Detox
- Mid Level
Who are we?
Horizon Services, Inc. (HSI) is a nonprofit established in 1974 with the goal of reducing substance use related challenges for people from all walks of life, including those from some of the most disenfranchised and marginalized communities. We practice our values of Integrity, Respect, Diversity, and Quality to provide residential treatment, withdrawal management, and sobering programs to support the well-being of women, men, youth, LGBTQ, and BIPOC clients to live healthy, fulfilling and constructive lives. HSI is an inclusive workplace and a learning community where our collective experiences enrich each other’s growth.
How can you make a difference in people’s lives?
In this role, you’ll make a difference in the lives of people with substance use challenges, and often with co-occurring conditions. You’ll use and grow your skills in compassionate care, crisis intervention and de-escalation, in a supportive and inclusive work environment. You’ll have the opportunity to help people who are just discovering possibilities in their journey, going from a place of hopelessness to a place where they are valued and have the potential for a better life.
What will make you successful in this role?
- Certified Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) in the State of California
- A.A. Degree or equivalent work experience
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Experience working with clients dealing with alcohol and drug addiction
- Able to work with diverse populations, cultures and people with co-occuring disorders and disabilities
- Able to handle and de-escalate emergency situations
- Comfortable and skilled in time management
- Ability to collaborate with the team internally and coordinate/collaborate with external partners including (but not limited to) case managers, psychiatrists, social workers, referral sources, medical care personnel, etc.
- Must show a demonstrated knowledge of computers; including but not limited to, data input, internet navigation, Microsoft word, etc. Ability to write clear narrative reports and treatment notes.
What else is required?
- Valid California driver’s license with a good driving record and car insurance.
- Current CPR/First Aid certificate desirable.
- Fingerprinting/drug testing required at time of hire.
- Current flu vaccine/flu shot.
- The California Department of Public Health has required that all staff in healthcare organization receive the COVID 19 vaccination by September 30, 2021. Our organization is a healthcare organization and will abide by this mandate.
Compensation and Benefits
We are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time and part time employees over 20 hours per week.
- 100% of medical, dental, Life and LTD for the employee and 50% for any dependents medical and dental coverage.
- PTO and Holiday pay.
- Retirement benefits after 6 months of service.
- Training and CEU opportunities.
And of course, the opportunity to meaningfully contribute to a team of mindful, caring and passionate people at work every day!
Salary: $22. Available for a full-time position.
Horizon Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.